26 May Community Birth Story: A Surprise Ending with Cindy Walters
What do you do when your birth is going well then very suddenly isn’t? That’s the path Cindy’s birth took.
To give you some peace of mind, Cindy and her son are healthy and well, but they had a very unusual turn of events in their birth journey. In my 20 years working with pregnant folks, this one made my jaw drop.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth|Babies I speak with new mother, Cindy Walters. Cindy graciously and openly shares her unique birth story. She also discusses how she has processed her experience and grieved for the birth she didn’t have. This conversation highlights the importance of having the mental flexibility to adjust and surrender expectations and how vital it is to have a supportive team who will unwaveringly rally around you.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn a little about new mama, Cindy.
- How Cindy discovered the direction she wanted to take her birth.
- How Cindy assembled her birth team.
- How Cindy prepared for deviations from her birth preferences.
- Cindy’s birth story.
- What was going through Cindy’s mind when things took an abrupt change of direction.
- How Cindy has processed the experience
- Grieving for a birth she did not have.
- Learning to let go of control and ask for help.
- What Cindy has learned about herself from this experience.
- One tip/piece of advice Cindy offers new or expectant parents.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Lovevery: Get free shipping when you sign up to receive your Play Kits at LoveEvery.com/YBB
- Osea: Try OSEA risk-free for 30 days and get free shipping on orders over $50. They even send free samples with every order! Get 10% off your first order with my promo code YBB at OSEAmalibu.com
- OUAI: Go to THEOUAI.com and use code YBB to get 15% off your entire purchase.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center
Cindy is a thirty something year old new mom, born and raised in northern NJ, where she lives with her husband, Tom, son, Tommy & two fur babies, Duke and Duchess. She works full time in the Legal & Compliance department of a small pharma company focused on medical dermatology. Cindy loves spending time with her family & friends, traveling, and doing yoga, especially hot yoga, even on the warmest days of the year! Having stumbled upon PYC for prenatal yoga was such a joy and Cindy is thrilled to have found such a great community to be a part of throughout her pregnancy!