Shivambu: Cate Stillman’s first 21 days… The Urine Therapy Experience
If you have been closely following our podcast and social media, you should know by now that Cate has embarked on an experimental journey with shivambu. This ancient practice consists of using your urine for therapeutical ends and the benefits cover everything from skin to dental health.
Cate first read about urine therapy 20 years ago and recently reconnected with the concept recently after being asked about it by a Yoga Health Coaching member. When conducting research on it, she was surprised to discover how understudied the subject is. Cate then decided to experiment with it herself and report her experience to the Yogahealer community.
Listen to the episode to find out more about urine therapy and Cate’s three-week reporting on her experience.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to start upcycling your urine
- What to expect from urine therapy
- How to use urine to loosen ama
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- The results of bathing with your own urine
- Growth hormones, electrolytes, and stem cells present in urine
- The effects of urine therapy on your sleep
- 0:45 Reasons you should try Urine Therapy
- 2:55 Week 1 – Experimenting and removing toxicity from the body
- 7:12 Week 2 – The benefits of aging your urine
- 16:49 Week 3 – Understanding the lack of research